Wednesday, July 8, 2009

First "REAL" Quilt!!












Thank you all for your overwhelming response to Sleeveless Comforts! I will indeed be very busy during these next few weeks which is such a blessing. While I'm waiting for you to gather your tshirts and get them to me, I've continued "tinkering" and have completed my first true "quilt" rather than a blanket.

I'm so excited about this one in particular as it's a baby quilt for my dear friend Nicholas and his wife Nicole as they await their new little bundle of joy (we don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl!!) Nick is currently serving in Iraq and will be home at the end of the month to meet his new son or daughter.

The quilt top was pieced together with a machine, batting was handstitched, and then the backing was handtied with matching yarn bundles. I am working on hand-tying a tshirt quilt and when I have the "art" mastered, I'll let everyone know and begin offering it as an option for Sleeveless Comforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment